Friday, January 3, 2014

Do I have to go to college?

Hey guess what? You don't have to!

At the hot, fresh age of 20 I have decided to do take an alternative route. AKA I dropped out of college. Dropped out and proud. For once in my life I can keep licking the beautiful flavor of freedom.  
So what is my alternative?  
Can you really pursue your passion without going into debt? 
How will you survive the real world without going through college? 
Is dropping out worth it? 
How will you learn without spending thousands upon thousands of dollars to be motivated and told what to do? 
How will you get anywhere without that degree? 

Why am I doing what it seems like everyone and everything is telling me not to?


Simple. Don't wanna. 
I know someone out there doesn't wanna either.
So don't.
Simple.

Gloria, Why should I listen to you??
Fine don't
Here is someone worth listening to. He is successful. He went through much schooling. He would encourage you to look at the alternatives of going to college. His name is James Altucher. Type in "what to do instead of college" and I'll guarantee you he will come up. Why should you listen to him??He is an expert on the economy. He managed hedge funds and created the company Stockpickr.

Here are two great articles of his opinion on the topic 

Buy his books if this interests you. They're cheap. 
(he's not paying me for this...yet;)jk
When I read his stuff I thought 
IM NOT ALONE 
THANK YOU!! ITS NOT JUST ME I SWEAR 
okay. 
Im good.  
Now that we got that out of the way.  
WHY??!! 


1) The economy is changing. 

 50% of the unemployed HAVE college degrees
College tuition has gone up 10x while inflation has gone up 3x since 1977.  
The people giving me advice are BASING it on what they needed to know growing up.  

Did they have 24/7 access to internet and all it's free resources?? 

Did they have to take out HUGE loans they would be paying back the REST of their lives?? 

There is roughly somewhere between $902 billion and $1 trillion in total outstanding student loan debt in the United States today. 
As of Quarter 1 in 2012, the average student loan balance for all age groups is $24,301.  
ALL you need to know about our current state of COLLEGE debt.->STATS HERE
Chek out the charts above
SO 
Now that we know that
you may understand more reasons why I have a hard time taking advice from those encouraging me to go. I won't do it for loans, for your satisfaction, justification or approval.  

I have seen the debt struggle.
I have experienced the financial issues. 
I don't have any desire to even pay back something I don't care about.  

And no one can tell me those feelings and experiences are wrong. 

On top of that, know that when I am attending classes, doing assignments and all that stuff I feel trapped, hindered from thinking
Trapped.
I would hope that no one would want me to feel that way.
  
Why should I even have the option at the age of 18 to take out a loan when I have no idea what I am doing ?!? 

Who in the world would allow someone that young and clueless to make a decision they will (in my case) regret later? 

We youngins need more time to think about our decisions. 
We should take a year of doing something we really want to do instead of transferring to another structure still unaware as to the reasons why.  
We need to experience freedom to know we aren't enslaving ourselves. 
We need to know there is a real world after college that requires networking, budgeting and all that adult stuff they don't teach you.  
Maybe then we could actually think without someone telling us we are wrong. 

We could allow our hopes and dreams to come to the surface instead of drowning them. 

Now I understand some people do know what they want and are going to school and don't have any loans. Good for you. I hope you find passion and dedication in what you do, but this is not for you.=] 

I know I want to travel. I was more sure about that more than school. I would have rather used the $5,000 for that. I would at least be more willing to pay it back.  

But no. 
Not okay Gloria. Gotta do what they tell ya. Gotta go where they'll support ya.  
Not true...

I am an entrepreneur pursuing a life worth living in a world that will try to convince me otherwise. 
I refuse to spend what I don't have. 
I will encourage against all odds what is logical and brings passion to life. 
I will support those who are consciously aware of what they are pursuing and challenge those who aren't sure. 
I will take on the real world and be open the advantage of learning through failure. 
I will live in freedom. 

How have I found this confidence?

If you agree and want to be apart of what I am doing let me help you like my friend has helped me. Take the time to be enlightened.

No comments:

Post a Comment