Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Unlock Your Unlimited Potential



How do people follow through on their potential?


What is it that makes this rich get richer and the poor get poorer?

We know that it has something to do with mindset of course.

One man, who has changed people’s lives in a record time of eight minutes, surveyed a range of successful people to come up with a simple,practical formula. Tony Robbins’ life purpose is to change people’s lives. He is not only someone to emulate, but someone who emulates others very well, too. For that reason, I want to share a practical, life-changing way of thinking.

It used to be impossible to run a four minute mile. So why is it that after one man made the impossible possible 37 people were able to do the same thing over the next two years? It was because Roger Bannister did more than just physical practice. It was his certainty that he could run a four minute mile that allowed his body to get him to his desired result.

How does it work?

The potential we have is infinite. Anyone can do what has or has not been done. Whether or not we use that potential depends what we do.

The action then determines the result.

Now, this all sounds pretty simple, right?

This is where people begin to categorize themselves.

Here's the thing. Most people already have a certainty or belief of their potential before they ever take action or see results. This belief is what drives them to their action and gives them their results. These results then reinforce their belief. Old beliefs may keep them from their real potential.

So for example, I could have an unlimited potential, but little action and little results. Does that mean I have little potential? No, it means I don’t believe that I have unlimited potential.

If I believe there is little potential I am going to then take little action and my results will be lousy. The  discouraging results will reinforce what I believe is true. It’s all because my belief from the beginning is what I identified with and acted upon.  The cycle continues to spiral downward as my results get worse and I become more and more certain that I have little potential. But I don't.

How do I believe in my unlimited potential?

Start with a “must”. I must do this because I have no other options. This business must be successful or I will have to be dependent on my parents again, go to school, and get a job. I don’t want that! This “must” cannot be a “should”. Like: I should start a business that’s successful. That’s not enough. There are no other options but the “must”.

I must believe that what I am doing is going to work.

What do I do when I don’t believe in myself, take action or have the results I need?

Start at the results. I envision what it is that I must have. Basically, I see the results as if they are already here; I already have what I want. This builds my belief and actions and the results follow suit!
The cycle will happen no matter what you believe.

Although right now, I understand you may be nowhere near to what you want or need. When you have an unrealistic vision your belief in your potential and actions join the cycle and bring to life your envisioned results.

We have to condition ourselves to believe the things we don’t yet have so that our potential and actions bring us to the desired results.

A study done at UCLA concluded that we consciously exert control over individual neurons in our brains. Researchers revealed that humans regulate the individual activity of each neuron to intentionally alter their outcome. Individuals in the study manipulated the behavior of an image on the computer by only their thoughts!

This means that no matter what we have thought, seen or experienced we have the power to manipulate, control and change our thoughts to become our desired results.


We can override what we see or believe by focusing on and envisioning our results. When the desired results are clear in our mind, we have the power to fuzz out old beliefs and actions and begin our upward cycle of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment